What happened with Orca in Oneiric

Guy Schlosser guyster104 at att.net
Sun Sep 25 07:18:19 UTC 2011

I just finished installing Oneiric on my laptop as an upgrade from a
fresh Natty.  I am happy to report that all is working with Orca and
other applications.  I'm observing the same as previously reported,
pressing alt+f1 yields nothing, and the alt+f2 box (i.e. dash) also is
not accessible.  This could be largely due to the bug that currently has
a fix committed though, so I am looking forward to that fix being
released, for hopeful launcher accessibility.  I would also love to test
Alejandro's proposed PPA for dash and quicklist accessibility.  This
brings me to my next question.  How do I narrow down what is missing
from my other desktop system and preventing accessibility?  For example,
how do I know if accessibility modules are loaded, and proper key is set
to correct value?  I installed all updates on that system as well, and
still hear nothing read in any application, including Orca's own
preferences dialogue.  Do I just need to reformat and fresh install with
live CD, since it and my laptop are working beautifully?  Any help or
advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and off to bed,

Guy
P.S. This E-mail was written concerning Unity 3d.  I have not tried
Unity 2d on Laptop yet.