Oneirc queston

Tom Masterson kd7cyu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 23:10:34 UTC 2011

I upgraded my laptop using do-releas-upgrade (which is how I normally do
this) and found unity totally inaccessible probably because it was in 3d.
So I installed gnome which works but I would like to try unity and I have
more computers to upgrade.  So the question is how do I get it to start in
unity 2d doing an upgrade ot a fresh install?  Also is it possible without
sighted help.  My wife had to help me switch to gnome.

As a side note orca does not start automatically in gnome as I have read
it does not in unity either.  Is there a solution for this (I have not
read the entire archive)?

Thanks
Tom