Some Unity related questions

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Tue Oct 18 10:57:43 UTC 2011

Hy Everybody,

Sorry, I will be have possible beginner questions for Unity related:
In Unity 3D extended A11Y test version have a possibility to define
application related groups, similar with GNOME2 and GNOME3 Fallback
session already categorizing the awailable applications (accessories,
accessibility, sound and video, internet, office, etc)?
Sorry this question, but I better known the traditional GNOME desktop
environment now, but I would like learning Unity usage detailed and
customizing basic Unity knowledge with some extras my needs.
I very like this categorized grouping in GNOME Desktop Environment,
because if I installing any application and if the application related
package creating a menu, the menu item is automaticaly awailable with
the proper application related group in GNOME main menu.

Already existing a lense with doing similar possibility in Unity
automaticaly? Have a request from sighted users this traditional
grouping related in Unity?
Now, I put my favorite applications with the launcher with I often
using, this is a very good possibility if need very fast launching an
often using application, but the putted applications are all in one
place without grouping.

The quicklist creation is an another good possibility in Unity, I will
be trying this possibility to create for example a text editors related
quick list, with containing for example Gedit, Libreoffice Writer and
Libreoffice Calc launching.
Unfortunately, this quicklist will be not updating automaticaly if a new
text editor related application are installed.
Possible implementing a similar application grouping possibility in
Unity with precise development if more users would like this
possibility, and associate this grouping presenting menu with a
keybinding? The purpose, if the user installing any application and the
application have a desktop file in /usr/share/applications directory,
automaticaly presenting the new application with the proper category.

An another question:
If an user installing any application related package, but doesn't known
the application launch command, how can possible found and launch the
new installed application in Unity?
The user need searching the application the dash categoryes?
I not see yet full clear the new interface working method.

Attila