Trying to get started

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at ubuntu.open.source.it
Wed Aug 3 16:37:35 UTC 2011

On Wednesday 03 Aug 2011 17:23:05 José Vilmar Estácio de Souza wrote:

> Hi.
> If you install ubuntu 11.04 with the accessibility profile enabled, the
> classic gnome interface will be configured as the default. To enable the
> accessibility profile you need to press the f5 key in some part of the
> boot. I don't remember exactly in which part, but I think that is after
> choose the language.

Okay, that's very good to know, however I think I prefer to avoid the CapsLock
bug :)

> Actually  I am using ubuntu 10.10 with orca from git repository. One
> reason to not use 11.04 is the problem of the CapsLock key.
> It is very simple to install orca from the git repository.

Thanks - presumably you install with accessibility options selected, and then
build/install Orca from the Git source to bring it up to date?

One final question - have I got the best-available documentation for keyboard
commands, to be able to navigate around the Gnome desktop, control
applications etc?  I'm using
http://library.gnome.org/users/gnome-access-guide/2.32/gnome-access-guide.html

Thanks for the help :)

Antony.