What happened with Tomboy applet in Natty?

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Tue Apr 12 07:55:24 UTC 2011

Hy,

I often using my Lucid system with Tomboy applet to quickly add a note,
reviewing another notes or my schedule lists with I stored a "remaining
schedules" note. I very like Tomboy because have shortcuts, and
presenting already added notes with a menu.
In Natty earliest and daily live CD, when I looked the default awailable
applets list (in panel the add the panel dialog showing default
awailable applets list dialog), Tomboy applet is missing the list now.
This is a bug, or GNOME developers or Ubuntu panel applets package
maintainers removed this applet the package?
If only this applet default not installed, but awailable with an extra
package installation, what package I need installing to awailable again
this applet with applets list in Natty?

Tomboy application is installed by default with live CD, only the applet
missing in default awailable applets list.
If this panel applet is deprecated and removed, what another easy and
accessible usable possibility have with provide similar features with
Tomboy already known?
My Lucid system I like the Tomboy panel applet, because if I press
Alt+F12 key combination, I see my notes, easy to add a note, etc.

Attila