running the karmic live cd with orca

michael weaver weavermicha at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 29 20:25:52 GMT 2010

how do i run the live cd of karmic with orca?
for some reason i managed to do it when i got my new desktop pc
but a couple of days ago i tried to run the live cd and i
couldn't get the speech to run until i typed alt f2 and orca
which keeps taking me through the orca setup, loggs me out and i
can't log back in again when i hear the drums.
what i tried doing was waiting for the cd to stop spinning,
pressed enter, pressed f5, pressed 3 and enter twice.
i have tried this several times and done it at different times
but i still can't bring up orca correctly so it must have been
more by good luck than good management when i was successful at
doing it.