good job on lucid

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Fri Jan 29 17:44:13 GMT 2010

Dear List,

Luke, congratulation the good job.
I have some questions:
What libao driver integrated? Original libao driver or Bill modifyed driver?
I am not looking now the daily live cd, but I will be look with next
week and testing. Now I am using Bill Cox modifyed driver with me
installed system, but need my system with reinstalling.

In future, not will be change Pulseaudio and Speech-dispatcher starting
with daemon mode? Now if I known right, Pulseaudio starting with user
session. For example, I think the daemon starting is important with
accessible login feature, but I am not sure.

In future, accessible login feature will be working with final release?
I ask this, because I setting up every setting with right, but this
feature now not working, or Orca is not talking when the login screen is
present my system.
I do following:
1. Setting accessibility setting with gdm with following command:
sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 -s -t bool
/desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility true

2. Setting screen reader support enabled:
sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 -s -t bool
/desktop/gnome/applications/at/screen_reader_enabled true

If I verify this settings, all ok:
sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 -g /desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility
command showing true, and sudo -u gconftool-2 -g
/desktop/gnome/applications/at/screen_reader_enabled command showing true.
Anybody confirm this problem? I hope my system only need a reinstalling.
If anybody confirm my problem if need, I opening a bugreport.

I think final Lucid release will be a fantastic Ubuntu release.

Attila