Very interesting pulseaudio problems?

Hammer Attila hammera at pickup.hu
Thu Oct 1 12:23:02 BST 2009

	Hy,

Excuse me, I write very long letter. :-(:-(
I see interesting problems with Ubuntu karmic, I think related with
pulseaudio.
In morning I open two bugreports, because impossible launch and use
gnome-volume-control application my system, and impossible to use with
fn function keys my Toshiba Satelite L300 notebook and my Asus Eeepc 701
netbook.
The links is following:
Gnome-volume-control bugreport link:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/439815

Fn function key bugreport link:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/439822

I test this problems my installed Karmic system and current daily live
cd, the problem is present and reproduceable, see my last comment with
any bugreport.

When the deweloper ask me "You removed pulseaudio?" with first
bugreport, I wrote following comment, because it is help me:
"Yes, because pulseaudio full blocked with Orca Screen Reader.
But if I remember correct, pulseaudio is default disabled since Jaunty
when accessible profile is selected during installation.
Now I installed again with pulseaudio. After logged out and login back
again, pulseaudio full blocked with Orca screen reader. But
gnome-volume-control application correct launched.

After this, I remove again pulseaudio with following command:
sudo apt-get purge pulseaudio
When logout and login again, Orca works correct, and
gnome-volume-control starts correct, I don't no why?"
Interesting, but after I do this steps, hardware volume button working
again my Toshiba Satelite L300 notebook.
I don't understand why produce this problems with current daily live cd,
pulseaudio is disabled, but not removed. Why block the sound system
response?

Another problem:
When I try boot with current daily live cd, Orca does'nt talking, I need
manual run orca command to speak. Anybody have an ydea why happen this
situation? Pulseaudio is disabled.

Attila

-- Impossible to launch gnome-volume-control application in Ubuntu
Karmic https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/439815 You received this bug
notification because you are a direct subscriber of the bug. Status in
“gnome-media” package in Ubuntu: Incomplete Bug description: Binary
package hint: gnome-volume-manager Dear Developers! If I try launch
Applications/sound and video/volume control application, only an error
message is displayed: Information Waiting sound system to respond.
Cancel I sending a screenshot with error message. Thanks, Attila
ProblemType: Bug Architecture: i386 Date: Thu Oct 1 07:54:35 2009
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10 Package: gnome-volume-manager (not installed)
ProcEnviron: SHELL=/bin/bash LANG=en_US.UTF-8 ProcVersionSignature:
Ubuntu 2.6.31-10.35-generic SourcePackage: gnome-volume-manager Uname:
Linux 2.6.31-10-generic i686