Apology and another question

Dave Hunt dave.hunt2 at verizon.net
Thu May 21 06:10:52 BST 2009

Hi List:

First off, I wish to apologize for the tone of my earlier message
regarding lack of sound on my laptop that runs Jaunty.  As it happens,
the sound accidentally got muted, and I was frustrated.  The sound is
now fixed, Pulse is removed, and I even have multiple, concurrent
dounds, something I did not have in an earlier attempt to use Alsa.

Now that I have espeak working again, I notice that it will sometimes
stop in mid utterence.  Forcing espeak to say something else will bring
it back.  This isn't quite a show-stopper, but it's curious.  What might
be happening here?  I'm using Orca 2.27.1-pre in Jaunty, with Gnome 2.26.1.

Thanks for any help or information.

Cheers,

Dave