does anyone know of a small live cd with software speech

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel chmiel at phil.muni.cz
Sat Jun 13 16:31:02 BST 2009

Dear syr,

You can try The Linuxspeaks live CD, this .iso image will have less than400
MB, The Speakup is included. Thank's to The Joe Kamphaus.

http://www.joekamphaus.net/live.html

This distribution is onlyone, which I Am knowing about, it can be even
installed like a standalone distro, no complex algorithms for installing
multiple operating systems are included.

Give this distro a chance. And tell me, if Your sound cart has been
detected.