security question related to running administrative tasks from The gnome-terminal

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel chmiel at phil.muni.cz
Sat Jul 4 09:19:46 BST 2009

Dear core developers of Ubuntu Jaunty,

    I would like to thank You very, very much that You improved
accessibility support on this Ubuntu version, user do not have to create
orbit.rc file to run aplications with The root privileges from The
gnome-terminal. My security question is related toThe situation, when i will
run some administrative tasks from The gnome-terminal.

Can i run all those task securely, or there can be random crashes while
triing to run them from The Gnome terminal? What is better approach. Run
those tasks by using gnome-terminal and a command line, or To use run
application command and The button run in The terminal? In GNome 2.23, i
received GTK related error message while using TAB and SHIFT+TAB in The
Synaptic package manager, which i executed from The Gnome-terminal. So
please, would YYou gime me a advice? Because i think, that some interfaces
of applications are not intennded to be run from The gnome-terminal.

Thank You for Your professional answer.