Latest source for pulseaudio works great!

Bill Cox waywardgeek at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 15:21:44 GMT 2009

I downloaded from git the latest pulseaudio repository and recompiled
on Ubntu Lucid.  The speech performance is excellent!  There are
several goobers that we already had when disabling pulseaudio: the
volume control disappears, the volume starts muted after boot, and I'm
sure the other usual stuff.

Based on this, I'm strongly recommending that Ubuntu update to the
latest pulseaudio for Lucid!  The current 1/2 second delay makes
Ubuntu terrible for anyone who needs a screen reader (Orca).  Updating
packages should fix this!

Bill