Accessible install broken on Oct 17 Intrepid?

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 04:02:16 BST 2008

I'm trying to boot into the accessible install using the screen reader option on Todays Intrepid live cd.  If I  simply select to run Ubuntu from the CD, the desktop comes up fine and Orca works properly; However, if I select the option for the installer, I don't get any speech and from what I can tell based on my very limited vision, it seems that the Gnome gui never comes up.  Can anyone else confirm that there is an issue?  If so, what's the quickest workaround?   Is there an  older Intrepid CD available somewhere that doesn't have this problem?   alternatively,what's the procedure for making the installer work from within the desktop environment?

Thanks,

Al