ubuntu 8.04.1 installer

Sérgio Neves sergionevess at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 11:36:41 BST 2008

On my laptop, both the option to install and the option to start the desktop
work well (orca speaks).
However, on my desktop, when I boot from the ubuntu 8.04.1 cd, press enter
to select the english
language, press down arrow to install option, f5, three down arrows to
reader and two enters, the installer starts but orca doesn't speak. I did it
with a sighted person, so I know I did it well. However, if I select the
other option (to start the desktop), and after call orca, it speaks
What could be the problem? Or what can I do to help diagnosing the problem?

Best regards

Sérgio Neves