suggestion: compiling espeak to use alsa

Gilles Casse gcasse at oralux.org
Sat Feb 2 14:15:38 GMT 2008

Luke Yelavich wrote:

> More testing needs to be done, however I have less than two weeks to make a final decision.

Yes, Luke, two weeks seem quite short.

Hopefully, in the future several specs will appear in Launchpad or
elsewhere for focusing on PulseAudio and Accessibility: tuning the
PulseAudio extension in speech dispatcher or eSpeak, kernel
configuration and real time audio policy, speech at login, speech and
multi-users. All this needs a consistent effort from developers and
distributions.

Best regards,
Gilles