Orca not stopping talking

Willie Walker William.Walker at Sun.COM
Wed Oct 25 17:41:09 BST 2006

One more data point: the problem doesn't seem to exist on Solaris, so
I'm guessing this might be specific to Ubuntu.  :-(  I'm CC'ing the
Ubuntu Accessibility List to see if anyone there might have an idea.

Furthermore, in experimenting with this, we noticed that my laptop (a
Toshiba Tecra where I need to chord Fn+F11 to turn NumLock on and off)
exhibits the dreaded "you must monkey with AccessX settings to bring
events back to life even if you reboot the machine" whereas a system
with a regular keyboard (more specifically, a Ubuntu system with a Sun
keyboard) will recover just fine if you turn off NumLock.

Will