Channel Bot

Melissa Draper melissa at meldraweb.com
Thu Feb 23 10:24:18 GMT 2006

Henrik et al,

I have now unleashed the bot into the channel.

On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 09:14 +0000, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> Sounds like a good idea in general. So will that trigger on different
> typical words and if so shall we maintain a list somewhere (so we can
> add to it and also avoid using them normally)?

It will work similarly to ubotu, in terms of people asking, rather than
it just randomly spewing info.

Commands for everyone are as follows:

.help		<-- this will make the bot list the general commands

.info topic	<-- this will make the bot search for information that
matches the topic name

.admin		<-- although a general command, it's not listed in .help

Admin commands:

(at this time, admins for the bot are Luke, Henrik, Daniel Holbach and
of course, myself)

.addinfo "topic" information

.updateinfo "topic" information

.delinfo "topic"

.addadmin name

.deladmin name

In the admin commands, topic is the keyword for the info, information is
well... the information, name is the nick of the admin. Also, please
remember to use " and not '

> I could imagine it might get annoying when we are actually using the
> channel (but let's worry about that if it becomes an issue). Is it easy
> for other people to turn it off? Can channel ops block the bot (not that
> we have ops ATM).

Fear not, all commands for the bot must be the first thing in the said
line, and they all start with a period. So in normal conversation, it
shouldnt be a problem, unless you like starting your lines with .info ;)

> But most importantly, Melissa: I'd like to extend a warm welcome to the
> accessibility team. Thanks for getting involved :)

Thankyou Henrik. I'm just glad I can be of assistance. Since my sight is
still good, my opinion on alot of things will be irrelevent, however, I
am willing to help out with other things, such as the new channel bot :)

Melissa.