Ubuntu: from 1% to 50%

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 5 00:19:58 GMT 2006

Armand CORBEAUX wrote:
> Hello with all, I am new in the project of utilisability of Ubuntu.
> First thing to be made:  to explain which I am.
[...]
> Now if Ubuntu wishes to make a progress in term of accessibility, the
> developers must accept the fact that the distribution is addressed to
> a "stupid" public.
Hello Armand,

The Ubuntu Accessibility Team deals with making Ubuntu more accessible
to users with a range of disabilities. See:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/Team

If you are interested in helping us with this topic, we will certainly
appreciate your input, esp. with testing:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility/Testing

It seems from your message that you might actually be mostly interested
in general usability though, in which case the Desktop Team might be
your best starting point:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DesktopTeam

In any case, welcome to Ubuntu!

- Henrik