Any TTS for PowerPC Platform?

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Fri Apr 21 07:44:34 BST 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 03:02:30PM EST, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> I have a PowerMac 300 G3 sitting here, which I use for a bit of file
> storage and testing. I will burn the latest daily powerpc image and have
> a look to see what there is. I will get back to you once I have had a
> play.

Ok, the accessibility stuff is there, but it is not quite as easy to get
going. On PowerPC CDs, when they boot, you get taken to a prompt where
you can type in several commands to boot different kernels with various
options. TO get the accessibility mode enabled for speech, you have to
type "live access=v3" at the prompt. Note that the prompt has a timeout,
so I suggest you keep hitting a backspace key or something similar once
you have made the mac boot from CD, to make sure the prompt doesn't time
out on you.

For the future, we need to look at a better sollution for accessible
powerpc booting, as this needs to be made easier for people to use.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE
Email & MSN: themuso at themuso.com