Any TTS for PowerPC Platform?

Luke Yelavich themuso at themuso.com
Fri Apr 21 06:02:30 BST 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 02:55:30PM EST, Al Puzzuoli wrote:
> I have a Mac mini and just out of curiosity, decided to try the latest daily build of the Dapper PowerPC live cd iso.  Although sound works out of the box, I was unable to get Festival to speak, even after making the changes to the /etc/hosts file I described in a previous message.  I really haven't played with this much and at this point, the possibility that I'm just doing something wrong is at the top of my troubleshooting list; However, before I beat my head against this any further, just wondering whether anyone else has tried getting a PowerPC based distro to talk, and whether it is even doable at this point?

I don't think the powerpc CDs use the same options menu at the start,
but I will have a look.

> Unless someone tells me that it absolutely won't work, my next project on this road will be to install Ubuntu to the Mac's hard drive, and then try to build FreeTTs.
>
> Any thoughts would be of interest.

I have a PowerMac 300 G3 sitting here, which I use for a bit of file
storage and testing. I will burn the latest daily powerpc image and have
a look to see what there is. I will get back to you once I have had a
play.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE