The problem is in /etc/hosts (was, Re: Live CD with AT features: first test)

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 21:17:10 BST 2006

Hello Henrik

it appears that the gnome-speech issue on the live cd is related to the
/etc/hosts file.  For whatever reason, the one on the live cd is  by
default, formatted differently than the one that is created for an actual
installed version of Ubuntu.  I was able to get gnopernicus talking by
replacing the /etc/hosts on the cd with the following:

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.1.1 ubuntu.hsd1.mi.comcast.net. ubuntu

::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes