wiki cleanup

Mauricio Hernandez mhz.chile at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 14:47:52 GMT 2005

<SNIP>

oh, and yes, Navigation() is a cool macro. It is very helpful, indeed.

For this/my particular discussion about general wiki subpages I did
not consider it because my point is for the whole /data dir pages, not
for the AccessibilityTeam pages. Of course, within a small set of
pages that do not link to any other pages outside the set, that macro
is excellent (but imagine if every ubuntu team or ubuntu subject was
using subpages. The work of an editor would be much more time
consuming, prechecking existing pages before using CamelCasee)

It would very cool to have a macro for the following scenario:

- You are creating a page and included 3 CamelCasesWrods
- Save the page  and check the page links and syntax
- Notice 2 links to non exisitig pages
- Click on 1 of those links and get to the 'Create new page' interface
with Templates and Similar Pages
- In the similar pages column you see /subpage/subpage/CamelCaseWord
similar to yours

IIRC, currently that similar pages column does not search for
/data/pages/subpages/subpages/...  does it? If it does, my point is
50% nonsense.

Therefore, if I am wrong  to have that previous fear, I see this other
very possible scenario:

- Once you save the page, you dont care about checking links (existing
and non-existing)
- Non-existing links will be listed by the 'WantedPages' macro. Now,
please consider this: Today, at the time of writing, we have 2908
NON-existing pages in our beloved /data dir.

Those 2908 not-yet-created pages will surely increase if people get
motivated to use subpages and does not check for links when they save
a page or even before writing on a page.

I would really like to help finding ways of avoiding that, however, so
far I only think that maybe if we promote the MoinWiki-School we'll
force people to attend the school before editing/creating pages.
--
Cordialmente,

Mauricio Hernandez Z.

"Hell is repeating someone else's mistakes"
 (JPS)

[Mail escrito sin caracteres especiales o acentos para evitar
conflictos de lectura entre sistemas]

[En smilar contexto, evitemos enviar archivos .doc, .ppt o .xls.
Intentemos enviar solo formatos libres y mas livianos, como lo son
.txt, .html, .pdf, .odt, etc.]