2nd Accessibility Team Meeting

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 7 17:38:19 GMT 2005

Hi everybody,

this was the 2nd Accessibility Team [1] meeting [2].

[1] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AccessibilityTeam
[2] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AccessibilityTeamMeetingAgenda

We were quite happy to see around 10-15 very actively thinking people
there. In short we decided to:

      * review http://www.themuso.com/ubuntu/accessibility closely,
        produce documentation from it (on the wiki first, docs later);
        apart from it may serve as a starting point for our testplans
      * investigate in the software and the links mentioned on
        http://linuxha.sourceforge.net/index.php (Linux Home Automation)
      * think about packages we may want to install by accessibility
        meta packages [3]
      * watch out for new software [4] we might want to include in
        Universe for further testing and consideration and report about
        it on the mailing list [5]
      * we discussed some more topics, like speech synthesis (speakup
        came up as well) and how to improve boot and d-i for low vision,
        but decided to spec-ing out options and then taking the
        discussion to ubuntu-devel at lists.ubuntu.com
      * organise the current accessibility pages and discuss specs on
        the mailing lists, so we can start acting soon.

[3] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AccessibilityTeam/MetaPackage
[4] http://wiki.ubuntu.com/AccessibilityTeam/NewSoftware