Minutes from Technical Board meeting at 2014-05-12

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue May 13 16:43:55 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 05:38:09PM +0100, Iain Lane wrote:
> TB,
>
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:06:14PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > […]
> > = Mark's "Matters approaching" =
> >  * Not a good meeting IRC topic, reminder to follow up via email
> >  * Will also be discussed at Malta sprint
>
> I know you're aware that most interested people will either not be at
> this event (not even all of the TB), or won't be a party to the
> discussions that take place there even if they are present, but I want
> to say this anyway.
>
> This is probably going to be a very large change for Ubuntu. I'm sure
> that many people are interested in the outcome and will wish to
> contribute to the discussions, as well as to know the considerations
> that result in the eventual conclusions.
>
> What I'm trying to say is that I'd appreciate it if you would please try
> to have (or record) conversations around this topic in public as much as
> is possible.

Agreed, though doing this openly on the mailing-list clearly failed as I
was the only one to reply to Mark's post :)

I think having a face to face meeting with at least cjwatson, mvo,
infinity, slangasek and I should help figure out our options a bit to
the point where we can report back with some more details as to how this
could work and what would be needed to get something like this working
for server, desktop and phone.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer