MRE for juju-core/juju-mongodb

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 18 10:24:07 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 06:58:06PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Ordinarily I trust the SRU team to decide whether a new microrelease
> with a couple of bug fixes fits the normal SRU criteria; if there is a
> case where there are tons of changes, or new features, I'd rather
> bring this up again as a concrete case.

I believe we have a concrete case now, so I'd like to bring this up
again on the basis that we have tons of changes.

I've taken over some juju-core packaging work from James. In particular:

Trusty is on 1.18.1-0ubuntu1, and I want to bump this to 1.18.4.

I've uploaded 1.18.4-0ubuntu1 to utopic-proposed. It's blocked from
migration due to a powerpc FTBFS, which we've determined doesn't affect
Trusty (bug 1329295). I'd like to push ahead with an SRU to Trusty for
1.18.4 even though the FTBFS isn't resolved yet.

This involves around 20 bugs and some minor metadata changes which it
made sense for upstream to commit to 1.18 (IMHO). I have filed bug
1329302 to track this SRU and have placed the full bzr changelog for all
1.18.1 -> 1.18.4 upstream commits in the bug description.

How should I proceed? Will you consider granting at least a one-time MRE
for this, please?

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 11:03:47AM +0100, James Page wrote:
> > My gut feeling is that provided enough testing (automatic or
> > manual), this looks like an adequate SRU for an LTS. I think it's
> > too intrusive/too much work for saucy as that's not an attractive
> > server platform and will go EOL in 3 months anyway, but I'd be okay
> > with going through that exercise as a kind of test run for this
> > MRE request.
>
> My thinking as well - I've been trying to use the 1.16.x series on
> saucy as drill practice for a LTS release to get both the server team
> and upstream juju-core into a common understanding of how the process
> should work.
>
> > All individual bugs have been prepared with the SRU info and test
> > cases, yay for that!
>
> Yup - just finished up those so that we can push onwards with this SRU
> and hopefully help support the MRE request.

So this test run was successful, AIUI, and involved 11 bugs that James
had addressed individually. Will you consider granting a provisional MRE
for juju-core based on this past performance, please?

Thanks,

Robie