Juju Stable Update Policy

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 5 16:40:00 UTC 2014

Hello all,

Curtis Hovey-Canonical [2014-07-28 12:47 -0400]:
> We are added infrastructure to Juju CI to support this and we have
> done some manual testing to prove how we will automate this.
>
> 1. CI will have a store of stable minor jujus: 1.18.4, 1.20.1, 1.21.0...
> 2. For each new revision of juju,
>     * For each stable minor juju an env will be bootstrapped.
>       * The juju client under test will be run through a series of
>         commands that demonstrate the env can be maintained.
>       * The test will culminate in a destroy environment
>          to show the env can reach its EOL.
>     * An env will be bootstrapped with the new juju
>       * For each stable minor juju
>         a series of commands will test that old client can
>         maintain the new env.

Perfect, thanks! That's what I was looking for. Provisional MRE
granted (after quick discussion in today's TB meeting), I'll update
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/MicroReleaseExceptions as
soon as this mail hits the archive.

Thanks,

Martin