MRE for juju-core/juju-mongodb

Curtis Hovey-Canonical curtis at canonical.com
Mon Apr 7 12:51:33 UTC 2014

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Marc Deslauriers
<marc.deslauriers at canonical.com> wrote:

> Will all these new stable releases use the version of gccgo and/or golang gc

> that came with 12.04, or will they possibly require updates to newer versions also?

There are no plans to /need/ to use newer version of golang. The
thought is that the language is good enough as it is to uses the
features that already exists.

gccgo 4.9 probably will need updating to the stable/official gcc when
it is released. I understand that there is still work to get ppc64el
and arm64 architecture bugs fixed.

As gccgo is not as performant as golang-go, we will be evaluating our
options in the future, If gcc gets faster, or golang-go gains support
for one of the new architectures, we may want to discuss the issue.

--
Curtis Hovey
Canonical Cloud Development and Operations