Giving upload rights to non-Ubuntu members

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 22 21:10:28 UTC 2013

Just a note of support for this from my perspective (and if desired, can
raise with the wider CC). In most areas of Ubuntu folks can participate
directly before taking on membership, it's healthy to have an onramp for
contributions with membership as a destination. Would leave it to the TB
to frame the governance of the actual contributions in this case, I
think it would be reasonable to suggest that such packageset permissions
are time-limited and that we have a clear view of the governance of each
set of permissions and the strategy for quality control that goes with it.

Mark