Flavor Review Request of UbuntuKylin

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 18 21:48:32 UTC 2013

On 18 February 2013 10:45, Jack Yu <yj_1325 at 163.com> wrote:
> I'm Jack Yu from UbuntuKylin team. We are applying to be an official
> recognition as a formal member of the Ubuntu family, commencing with
> UbuntuKylin 13.04. I have added an review request in the Technical Board
> agenda and you can find the detail of UbuntuKylin at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuKylin.
>
> This project is to create a variant of Ubuntu that is more suitable for
> Chinese users. It began at June of last year when Mark Shuttleworth and
> Xiangke Liao (the founder of UbuntuKylin project) discussed it at Changsha,
> China. It is also supported by CCN lab, which includes CSIP of China,
> Canonical, NUDT of China. Currently, all the five new packages we plan to
> include in UbuntuKylin 13.04 are in Ubuntu Archive, and we are also building
> QA team and community team.
>
> If you have any questions, please let me know. I'll be glad to answer you.

Hi! I'm not a member of the Tech Board but I hope you won't mind me
asking one question that I've had since the first I've heard of the
Ubuntu Kylin project. How does this differ from Ubuntu Chinese
Edition? (Although I guess the fact that I'm having trouble finding an
official 12.10 release may indicate that the Canonical-sponsored
Ubuntu Chinese Edition is no longer being maintained.)

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha