Micro release exception for Nova, Glance, Horizon, Keystone

Chuck Short chuck.short at canonical.com
Fri Jun 22 14:48:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 16:31:16 +0200
Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Kees Cook [2012-06-20 12:57 -0700]:
> > > I would like to apply for a micro release exception for Nova,
> > > Glance, Horizon, and Keystone. These micro releases:
> > >
> > > - Happen from a low volume stable branch reserved for bug fixes.
> > > - unit tests for each component are run during the package builds
> > > and the packages FTBFS if the test suite fail.
> > > - Dave Walker and Chuck Short are members of the stable release
> > > team for the openstack project.
> > > - Upstream commits are reviewed by the members of the stable
> > > release team for the openstack project.
> > > - Upstream commits are tested before they are added to the
> > > upstream stable/essex branch
> > > - Continous openstack integration is done by the Ubuntu Server
> > > team on the stable/essex branch.
> > > - Each commit is tested automatically by the openstack-ci lab
> > > that is hosted by canonical.
> >
> > Can someone from the SRU team vouch for this package?
>
> This was already requested and discussed a month ago:
>
>   https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2012-May/001253.html

I wasn't aware of the discussion that was going on since I am not
subscribed to the technical-board list.

> There has not been any answer to my question about how the proposed
> binaries are going to be tested:
>
>   https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2012-May/001268.html
>
> We haven't had a microrelease SRU for the other components yet, so I
> personally don't have experience with those  (other SRU team members
> might). But the same question applies, what kind of test
> plan/regression testing/etc. do we have against the -proposed binaries
> to ensure they are alright?

The test plan for the Openstack SRU is that we have the continous
integration that is running on the commit level. We also run a couple
of exercises agaisnt the deployment when it happens in the lab. As
well the invidual projects testsuite is run at build time and fails to
build the package if the test suite fails.

Also the plan is to upgrade the Canonical private cloud canonistack to
-proposed as part of the validation.