Micro release exception for Nova, Glance, Horizon, Keystone

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 22 14:31:16 UTC 2012

Kees Cook [2012-06-20 12:57 -0700]:
> > I would like to apply for a micro release exception for Nova, Glance,
> > Horizon, and Keystone. These micro releases:
> >
> > - Happen from a low volume stable branch reserved for bug fixes.
> > - unit tests for each component are run during the package builds and
> >   the packages FTBFS if the test suite fail.
> > - Dave Walker and Chuck Short are members of the stable release team
> >   for the openstack project.
> > - Upstream commits are reviewed by the members of the stable release
> >   team for the openstack project.
> > - Upstream commits are tested before they are added to the upstream
> >   stable/essex branch
> > - Continous openstack integration is done by the Ubuntu Server team on
> >   the stable/essex branch.
> > - Each commit is tested automatically by the openstack-ci lab that is
> >   hosted by canonical.
>
> Can someone from the SRU team vouch for this package?

This was already requested and discussed a month ago:

  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2012-May/001253.html

There has not been any answer to my question about how the proposed
binaries are going to be tested:

  https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2012-May/001268.html

We haven't had a microrelease SRU for the other components yet, so I
personally don't have experience with those  (other SRU team members
might). But the same question applies, what kind of test
plan/regression testing/etc. do we have against the -proposed binaries
to ensure they are alright?

Thanks,

Martin