GNOME MRE exception

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 22 04:45:46 UTC 2012

Hello Sebastien,

Sebastien Bacher [2012-06-05 16:02 +0200]:
> The SRU team suggested that the desktop team should apply for a SRU
> MRE for GNOME to ease SRU work for precise (and other series) so
> there we go. GNOME used to have a standard feature freeze exception
> in Ubuntu and got granted MRE for lucid. Their schedule is reliable
> and they have ui, string and feature freezes on stable series.

We got three +1, and actually one would have been enough as per SRU
policy. However, for such large projects I appreciate having had a few
more opinions here.

I added it to the MRE page now:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/MicroReleaseExceptions?action=diff&rev2=22&rev1=21

I hope I caught the difference between "what is released with GNOME in
the usual cadence" and "what is hosted on gnome.org", as we want the
former, but certainly not the latter.

Thanks,

Martin