Ubuntu support for virtualization

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 14 17:59:02 UTC 2011

On 11/11/11 17:13, Bodhi Zazen wrote:
> The issue I am raising is not maintenance of the kernel or kernel patches, the question is as to how Upstart bugs are managed on Launchpad.

That wasn't even in the subject of your email, Bodhi ;-)

> The common theme with this technology is that the Ubuntu guest needs to boot in a chroot environment, and that is where Upstart bugs occur.

As of 11.10 we started to focus a lot more attention on LXC. I
completely agree that Upstart will need to work smoothly in LXC, and
have cc'd Steve Langasek for his comments on the relationship between
the two, and the plan to make them work well together.

Mark