Principia / DevOps / leadership and governance

Gustavo Niemeyer gustavo.niemeyer at canonical.com
Mon May 30 14:47:55 UTC 2011

> I'd like to propose a leadership and governance structure for Principia, our
> collection of Ensemble formulas.
>
> By way of background, Ensemble is a tool for deploying workloads in the
> cloud. It allows you to see what workloads you are currently running, and it
> handles dependencies between them, a bit like APT does for packages in the
> distro.

It sounds great to have a structure of governance for Ensemble
formulas and the procedures around those from the get go.  We see
Ensemble as less of an independent project and more of a mechanism to
enhance Ubuntu itself.  These enhancements aim at enabling the Ubuntu
developer base to solve problems they currently can't solve without
resorting to techniques that are not integrated back into the project,
and not easily reusable by the Ubuntu community either.

With that in mind, it seems to make perfect sense that the project and
the governance of the formula body are taken closer to Ubuntu.

The development team is available for helping on that process, and to
discuss any coming issues related to making formulas and Ensemble suit
the needs of Ubuntu users and developers.

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net