Principia / DevOps / leadership and governance

Robbie Williamson robbie.williamson at canonical.com
Fri May 27 18:10:24 UTC 2011

On 05/27/2011 12:37 PM, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Mark Shuttleworth <mark at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> In short, we'll be building a community of devops, defining, debating,
>> collaborating and maintaining a large collection of formulas. It's that
>> community that I think will need steering, in the same way that the TB
>> provides a forum for architectural and structural issues across the whole
>> archive.

>> As a lead, I would nominate Clint Byrum, a member of the Server Team with a
>> passion for devops who's taken to Ensemble like a duck to water. As other
>> members of the Principia Council, I would nominate Yuan Negron and Marc
>> Cluet, who work in Canonical helping large deployments of Ubuntu. Clint is
>> an Ubuntu Member but I don't think either Yuan or Marc are, yet.
>> Nevertheless, the field is so embryonic that I think it is appropriate to
>> bootstrap in this fashion.
>>

> Makes sense.

+1 on the nominees from me as well.

> Should an Ensemble developer also be on the initial council? Formulas
> and Principia are so heavily tied to the technology that I wonder just
> how much direction a board like this could provide without having some
> kind of influence over lp:ensemble.

+1 and I'd nominate Kapil Thangevalu

--
Robbie Williamson <robbie.williamson at canonical.com>
Canonical USA

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
 -Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me ;)