Build-in DNS cache support

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 9 09:28:44 UTC 2011

It's true that there is no built-in DNS cache support as we don't have
a name resolution *service*, but simply a name resolution library (in
libc). Is far as I'm aware, though, Firefox and Chromium both have
built-in DNS caches, so most (if not all) interactive Internet usage
already benefits from a DNS cache.

That is not to say that a DNS cache wouldn't be handy, though. I just
don't think it's a great concern for the general user experience.

2011/12/3 Mark Shuttleworth <mark at canonical.com>

> Any merit to this suggestion?

Soren Hansen
Ubuntu Developer    http://www.ubuntu.com/