ubuntu-drivers revisited (Re: my membership in ubuntu-drivers is about to expire)

Jonathan Lange jml at canonical.com
Wed May 26 13:27:08 BST 2010

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at canonical.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 12:04:23PM +0100, Jonathan Lange wrote:
>> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at canonical.com> wrote:
>> You may well find some resistance, since the Launchpad team has many,
>> many ideas on how to deal with the many problems that we have yet to
>> solve. Do you see much point in discussing ideas for how to do work
>> that we don't plan to do?
>>
>> I don't like being a wet blanket, and would welcome positive suggestions.
>
> With a slight revision to your question, yes, I do see a point in discussing
> ideas for how to solve problems, even if the Launchpad team hasn't decided
> to write any code yet.
>
> Beyond "yes we will write code now" or "no we will not write code now",
> perhaps there are suggestions for how we could better cope with the way
> Launchpad works today?

Really, the best thing is to raise this on the launchpad-dev mailing
list if you want to understand the problem better or discuss potential
solutions. It's likely that my previous email was too pessimistic, and
that a discussion will open up avenues I hadn't considered.

However, it's not actually going to get done until someone writes
code, and we won't be in a position to do that until next month.

jml