Transferring the delegation of Ubuntu Membership for development activities from the MOTU Council to the Developer Membership Board

Emmet Hikory persia at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 2 15:23:18 GMT 2010

Daniel Holbach  wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 08.01.2010, 11:41 +0100 schrieb Daniel Holbach:
>> On 23.12.2009 18:35, Emmet Hikory wrote:
>> >     As this matter is an explicit delegation by the Community Council,
>> > I would like to ask that the appropriate body to whom to delegate the
>> > administration of the ~universe-contributors team on Launchpad,
>> > representing Contributing Developers to Ubuntu, and itself a member of
>> > the ~ubuntumembers team on Launchpad be reviewed.  My personal thought
>> > is that it would be appropriate to transfer this delegation to the
>> > Developer Membership Board shortly after the conclusion of the
>> > upcoming DMB selection process, but this does not represent the
>> > official position of any of the affected bodies.
>> >
>> >     Thank you for your consideration of this matter.
>> >
>> > 1: Minutes at https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2009-December/029841.html
>>
>> The change sounds good to me, I'm also in support of just granting the
>> DMB admin rights for ~ubuntumembers and move current
>> ~universe-contributors members to ~ubuntumembers instead. It looks like
>> there's no need for a separate team.
>>
>> Let's get this done as soon as the new DMB is elected.
>
> Seems like the CC does not have the power to do this. It looks like the
> TB needs to handle this.

    This may be something to be revisited, as ~universe-contributors
exists purely as a means of offering membership to those who seek it
as a result of their contributions to development.  I don't think it
needs to block the administrator change, but I do think it makes sense
for the CC to have ultimate control over any group used solely as a
mechanism for granting Ubuntu Membership.

--
Emmet HIKORY