Updating SRU exception for hal-info

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 2 19:56:23 BST 2010

Hello Scott,

Scott James Remnant [2010-08-02  9:58 -0400]:
> The udev package contains more than just the keymaps, but a large number
> of binaries - it's possible that updates could unexpectedly cause
> problems due to toolchain issues, etc.

That's a valid concern indeed, but it pretty much affects all SRUs. Of
course we need to be very careful about local testing as well as
testing in -proposed here.

> We should probably split the keymaps out of the package?

I think that's a good idea for the future. The rules format and the
probers have been stable for a long time now, so we can be pretty sure
about backwards compatibility these days. We introduced the
force-release stuff in lucid, but so far there's nothing else on the
horizon which we'd need to fit (knocking on wood..)

It's just a little late for a source package split for lucid, but I'd
still like to supply updated keymaps for our LTS.

Martin