team-council-members organisation

Paul Tagliamonte paultag at ubuntu.com
Wed May 19 08:08:17 BST 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Vantrax <Vantrax at gmail.com> wrote:
> I kinda like mdkes point about the necessity for some sort opportunity for
> the community to view discussion. I like to make CC meetings, but usually
> still I'm still asleep or dropping the bubby off to daycare and on the way
> to work. The lists would be/somewhat are way to keep up with whats going on.
> Maybe keep a few public lists like the technical board, CC, and LoCO, on
> lists.ubuntu and migrate the group lists to launchpad (including a those as
> well).
> -Matthew Lye
>
> You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision,
> determination, and and endless supply of expendable labor.
> <No trees were harmed during this transmission. However, a great number of
> electrons were terribly inconvenienced>
>

> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 2:10 AM, Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Daniel Holbach
>> <daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> > I propose we move this list to Launchpad instead
>>
>> For me I don't have a problem with the move but would rather ask
>> whether there is a concrete reason for the list to exist in the first
>> place. At present, judging by the archives, I don't think it is really
>> used for anything.
>>
>> If we are to make a positive effort to have community-wide governance
>> discussions, which I think is definitely a good idea, I think those
>> discussions should be transparent and community-wide: i.e. a dedicated
>> community governance discussion list which is open to all, not just
>> leaders.
>>
>> This is an idea I've discussed with Alan in the past as a possible
>> replacement for the sounder list, perhaps this is a good occasion to
>> discuss it?
>>
>> --
>> Matthew East
>> http://www.mdke.org
>> gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF
>>
>> --

This list is nice to CC if you make a internal policy change. For
instance, the LoCo Council is working on adopting the LCOC for leaders
in the community. Changes such as this can be more effectively
communicated on a devoted mailing list. It is nice to say "Here is a
change on this council, perhaps you all would benefit from this".

Let's be honest, there is a lot of static in the community, and having
a channel devoted to stuff Council Members should be aware of is nice.
Perhaps we can start using it more.

Just my two cents

-Paul

--