team-council-members organisation

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed May 19 09:41:01 BST 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 8:08 AM, Paul Tagliamonte <paultag at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> This list is nice to CC if you make a internal policy change. For
> instance, the LoCo Council is working on adopting the LCOC for leaders
> in the community. Changes such as this can be more effectively
> communicated on a devoted mailing list. It is nice to say "Here is a
> change on this council, perhaps you all would benefit from this".
>
> Let's be honest, there is a lot of static in the community, and having
> a channel devoted to stuff Council Members should be aware of is nice.
> Perhaps we can start using it more.

But aren't these things which the whole community is entitled to be
aware of and have input into? I agree that it would be nice to get
more discussions going about improvements in community governance, but
I'd much rather welcome the whole community to participate in those
discussions rather than have them take place on a list which is
expressed as for members of councils only.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org