china buying software

Basil Chupin blchupin at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 21 05:55:11 UTC 2011

On 21/01/2011 06:20, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Cybe R. Wizard
> <cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net>  wrote:
>> Just so.  I've often thought that Linux does more to prevent software
>> piracy that anything else.  Those FUD-spreaders who suggest otherwise
>> are talking out their..  other orifices.
> Mine own thought! :¬)
>
> Such as been the success of the mental-imprinting of MICROS~1 and
> others that now innocent IT industry people who think they're experts
> spout the corporate FUD and B/S:
>
> "If it's free, it can't be any good."
> "It's not legal for businesses to use it."
> "Free Software is public domain."
> "You don't get any support."
>
> And all the other tired old lies, /et cetera, et cetera, ad nauseam./

I believe that you occasionally make some sort of a contribution to the
online IT "mag" called 'The Register'.

If so, have you pressed this point so as to educate the readers of The
Register of what you believe to be the case as expressed above?

Or is the begetting of the "filthy lucre" a much bigger incentive than
moral convictions?

BC

--
"To know that we know what we know, and that we do not know what we do not know, that is true knowledge."
                            Confucius