china buying software

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 13:07:50 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:50 PM, Amedee Van Gasse
<amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:
> On Thu, January 20, 2011 02:54, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
>> On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 02:42:54 +0100
>> Jan Claeys <lists at janc.be> wrote:
>>
>>> Unfortunately, there are probably as many illegal copies of linux
>>> made/sold in China as there are illegal copies of Windows
>>
>> How is an illegal copy of Linux even possible?
>>
>> Cybe R. Wizard
>> --
>> Registered GNU/Linux user # 126326
>> Registered Ubuntu User # 2136
>
> It's ironic that a Registered GNU/Linux user doesn't know that it is
> possible to have an illegal copy of Linux. ;-)

Actually, I think that Cybe's is a good question and none of the

If the /distributor/ has screwed up & not me the terms of the GPL,
that does not, AIUI, make the /users/ responsible. IOW the copies of
Linux are not "illegal", it is the creator/distributor that is falling
foul.

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com