Kindle + Ubuntu - recommendations?

Edgars Šmits ed.smits at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 11:35:53 UTC 2011

I'm looking to buy an e-reader and after having had painful
experiences with hardware not supported by Ubuntu I thought I would
ask what to do...

Recommended e-reader - I'm looking at Amazon's latest Kindle (basic,
no 3G) - the price and features seem right to me. Living in Latvia I
have yet to see anyone using one, so must depend on reviews etc. How
does it work with Ubuntu etc., I know that Calibre supports it, but
are there any gotchas? Is there anything I should watch out for? If
not Kindle, what other reader is roughly the same price and features
that would be recommended.

Thanks in advance

ED