Good Article About Unity

Douglas Pollard dougpol1 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 5 14:18:51 UTC 2011

On 04/05/2011 09:43 AM, David Gerard wrote:
> On 5 April 2011 14:23, Michael Haney<thezorch at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/the-new-ubuntu-desktop-unity/8584?alertspromo=&tag=nl.rSINGLE
>
> "For example, I found starting applications to be a hit or miss
> procedure at this point. In particular, sometimes I could get
> LibreOffice, Ubuntu 11.04’s default office suite, to work sometimes I
> couldn’t. If there was any rhyme or reason to this behavior I don’t
> know what it was."
>
> This is exactly the sort of weird flakiness I experienced using Unity
> in trying to seriously use it as my usual desktop. Not LibreOffice in
> particular, but just *everything*. It is possible that everything is
> suddenly working properly a couple of weeks from now, but I'd be very
> surprised indeed.
>

> - d.

I can certainly stand it if there are still seriouse problems when we
get 11.04. I have an old IBM box I install the latest stuff to and when
it begins to work as I want it to, then I install to the one I use.  I
just recently installed 10.10. Have been using 10.04 because it worked
for me.  If we don't want any problems we should stay off the bleeding
edge,there are always going to be problems there.  Any software that
doesn't grow will die.  I guess Ubuntu is trying to grow if it does it
will succeed if it doesn't it will fad into
oblivian.                       Doug