Good Article About Unity

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:43:15 UTC 2011

On 5 April 2011 14:23, Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.zdnet.com/blog/open-source/the-new-ubuntu-desktop-unity/8584?alertspromo=&tag=nl.rSINGLE

"For example, I found starting applications to be a hit or miss
procedure at this point. In particular, sometimes I could get
LibreOffice, Ubuntu 11.04’s default office suite, to work sometimes I
couldn’t. If there was any rhyme or reason to this behavior I don’t
know what it was."

This is exactly the sort of weird flakiness I experienced using Unity
in trying to seriously use it as my usual desktop. Not LibreOffice in
particular, but just *everything*. It is possible that everything is
suddenly working properly a couple of weeks from now, but I'd be very
surprised indeed.

- d.