Ubuntu 11.10 makes Unity compulsory

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 4 16:40:05 UTC 2011

On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 11:25:47 -0400
Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Cybe R. Wizard
> <cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 10:55:56 -0400
> > Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> His view is the same as most every other Christian.
> >
> > That's so completely false as to be pretty funny and plainly shows
> > your own prejudice. I am not, nor have I ever been a Christian.  I
> > was not raised in a Christian atmosphere nor was I ever
> > indoctrinated in Christianity.  I have never yet been (and hope
> > never to be) a religious person /at all/.
> >
> > In fact, each and all religions seem quite silly to me.  At least
> > they would were they not so fatal to non-believers.
> >
> > Read what I've written with eyes open.  Do your own research.  The
> > Israeli government was originally formed /for Jewish people/.  Its
> > laws are Jewish laws.
> >
> > This does not make it bad, wrong or despicable.  In fact, quite the
> > contrary; Israel shows more honesty about their actions than does
> > the USA.
> >
> > The government has even delayed writing a constitution in order to
> > keep Jewish law above secular law.  Because they have other
> > religious in their country and tolerate other religions makes not
> > one whit of difference to the facts that they have always been a
> > Jewish state.
> >

> Never have a met a person more delusional.

And yet, below, you seem to agree with my outlook.  Interesting.

> I'm against all forms of religion because they promote separation, and
> aggression against those not of the same faith.  To be more accurate,
> I'm against the dogma that infects most religions.  It is that which
> is the cause of most of the world's problems, and has been a problem
> for human civilization for centuries.

And I said," In fact, each and all religions seem quite silly to me.
 At least they would were they not so fatal to non-believers.

See?  We agree.

>  Some religions have a good
> message if you ignore the dogma, and for some people that message is
> what they need to hear in their current spiritual evolution.  The
> dogma is that part which was made by men of power seeking to use faith
> to control people's actions.  And if Israel doesn't have a
> constitution then that is what is happening.  They are a nation ruled
> by dogma, and thus can never show tolerance towards other faiths and
> will never know peace.  Once they abandon the dogma and establish the
> rule of secular law then peace can finally become a reality.  Dogma
> promotes separation, it promotes the dehumanizing of those not of the
> same belief, and it promotes aggression.

Here we don't agree.  Secular law in no more promoting of peace than is
religious dogma.  Men who lust for power and men who hate make laws to
support their power and hate, no matter whether religious or secular.
Men are men and some are evil.  The evil ones want power.  Those who
want power will inevitably achieve it and use law of any variety to
espouse their own agendas.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Registered GNU/Linux user # 126326