Interesting Ubuntu remix I'd not heard of before

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 22:21:25 BST 2010

On 8 October 2010 17:46, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
> On 8 October 2010 17:37, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Vinux
>>
>> http://vinux.org.uk/
>>
>> Lucid (32-bit only, AFAICS) specially intended for blind and
>> visually-impaired users.
>>

> This (and other distros for blind/visually-impaired users) was
> discussed quite a bit recently on an episode of Linux Outlaws. Worth a
> listen.
>
> http://linuxoutlaws.com/podcast/163

Oh really? Cool.

I can't abide podcasts, I'm afraid. I can't multitask listening to
speech with doing anything else significant, and as I don't drive a
car or commute, there is no time in my day for sitting listening for
tens of minutes.

Generally, I *far* prefer reading to listening. I can read text at
well over 10x the speed I can listen to someone talking.

Clearly I am very out of step with C21 media. :¬/

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com