Interesting Ubuntu remix I'd not heard of before

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 22:27:06 BST 2010

On 8 October 2010 18:25, Michael Haney <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
>> On 8 October 2010 17:37, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Vinux
>>>
>>> http://vinux.org.uk/
>>>
>>> Lucid (32-bit only, AFAICS) specially intended for blind and
>>> visually-impaired users.
>>>

>> This (and other distros for blind/visually-impaired users) was
>> discussed quite a bit recently on an episode of Linux Outlaws. Worth a
>> listen.
>>
>> http://linuxoutlaws.com/podcast/163
>>

> I shared this with the DC Night Out group, they're a group of blind &
> visually handicapped professionals who are deeply involved in efforts
> to improve accessibility technologies.  They get together at the M&S
> Grill in Washington, D.C. every other Monday during Happy Hour to
> socialize and record a Podcast.

Cool. I thought you might be interested, Michael.

It has got a devoutly-Linux-skeptical from-birth NLS-blind mate of
mine (who found it and installed it himself) very interested in Linux
and he is recounting his adventures to his circle of blind friends.

Apparently most are expressing considerable doubt. :¬)

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven at gmail.com