Linux infection proves Windows malware monopoly is over

Chan Chung Hang Christopher christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Tue Jun 15 11:22:33 BST 2010

> I am not sure that this really answers the question....

A properly setup and maintained Linux box will not be cracked.

>> DJB
>

> Who is DJB?

Dan J. Berstein.

>>   ran a class not too long ago where his students concentrating on
>> find security holes in daemons...they found a fair few and wrote exploit
>> code IIRC.
>>

> Doesn't really confirm anything for me - sorry :-) .
>
> Facts, man, facts :-) .

What, the long list of security vulnerabilities (which have been fixed -
except very recent ones maybe) for Linux and for software like sendmail,
BIND and other stuff not evidence enough for you that Linux boxes can be
cracked if not locked down and maintained properly?